Welcome to Tobacco Road! We look forward to having you as a guest. Here are a few things to know before your visit:
The continued spread of COVID-19 is causing many changes in all aspects of our lives and businesses. Here at Tobacco Road. we are committed to the health and well-being of our employees and patrons. Tobacco Road Golf Club will remain OPEN; however, there will be changes in our day-to-day operation in direct response to COVID-19.
Things to expect on site:
- Effective Wednesday, March 25, 2020, the clubhouse will be closed to all guests.
- Reservations for tee times will be made no more than 7 days in advance and will be required to pre-pay for the number in the group. ALL FEES MUST BE PREPAID PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.
- Day of Play reservations will be accepted, however, payment will be required at the time of booking. NO FORM OF PAYMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED ON PROPERTY.
- To comply with best practices for social distancing as defined by the Centers for Disease Control, Tobacco Road will be implementing the following changes:
- Our staff will register all play digitally from the Starters Shack.
- When arriving, please proceed directly to the cart barn. All bag drop services have been discontinued.
- A member of our staff will sanitize and stage carts for patron usage, however, we do ask that each group load their bags.
- Players electing to use a cart will be required to use INDIVIDUAL carts. No carts will be allowed to have more than one (1) person unless the players are members of the same household.
- If there is a car in front of you at bag drop upon arriving, please allow the persons in that car to load their bags on carts and drive to the parking lot before exiting your vehicle.
- If you are a single player, please feel free to either load your bag on a golf cart and proceed to the parking lot OR
- Proceed to the parking lot, park your vehicle, and return to retrieve your cart where you may load your bag and other belongings at your vehicle.
- Please wait in your vehicles to allow other patrons to load their carts and proceed to the parking lot before entering the cart staging area.
- In compliance with North Carolina executive order issued on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, Tobacco Road will be implementing the following changes:
- Food and beverage service at Tobacco Road is NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE.
- Please bring any food or snacks required for the day with you.
- A bottle of water will be provided to each player as on-course coolers have been removed to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Please bring any sanitizing solutions you might require during your visit to Tobacco Road.
Tobacco Road Golf Club continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and how we can best protect our staff and patrons in our day-to-day operation. We appreciate your continued patience and support.
Tobacco Road is centrally located in North Carolina. We are easily accessible from Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte, Fayetteville, Village of Pinehurst, and Southern Pines. For those using GPS devices, our physical address is: 442, Tobacco Road, Sanford, NC 27332, or you can find directions here.
Once you have reached your destination, we ask that all players proceed to the Bag Drop, past the main clubhouse. Once your bag has been loaded, please register with the golf shop staff for your round.
If you would like to ship your clubs to Tobacco Road, our shipping address is:
Tobacco Road Golf Club
442 Tobacco Road
Sanford, NC 27332
For those shipping clubs, please contact us prior to the delivery date via telephone, 877.284.3762 or via email, email@example.com.
Caddie Services (Prearranged)
Caddies have a unique role in the game. The caddie-player relationship is one built on mutual love and respect for the game. Tobacco Road Golf Club and CaddieWalk have partnered to provide a “21st Century Caddie” for all our guests. Caddies are recommended for the first time player as they experience the intricacies and nuances of the masterpiece Mike Strantz built at Tobacco Road. Walking caddies and forecaddies are available for those players who seek to have the ultimate golf experience. Armed with an intimate knowledge of the courses they loop, a Caddiewalk caddie is trained to calculate yardage accurately, read greens, and “expertly guide a player” through their round. Contact CaddieWalk Services to reserve your caddie here.
In keeping with the traditions of the game, we believe proper golf attire enhances the overall player experience. To play your best, dress your best, players are expected to be neat in appearance. Currently accepted golf fashion trends and proper golf attire are templates to follow when selecting your wardrobe. For the men, proper golf attire is best defined as: Slacks or Khakis, including Bermuda length shorts, shirts with sleeves and collars, and golf specific shirts with turtlenecks. For the women, Proper golf attire is best defined as: Slacks or Cropped pants, Bermuda length shorts, golf specific skorts, shirts with sleeves and collars, and golf specific shirts without sleeves. Proper golf attire does not include denim of any kind, athletic wear including but not limited too – sweatpants, athletic shorts, leggings, spandex, team jerseys, tank or halter tops.
On Course Courtesies – Cell Phone, Smart Phone, Bluetooth Devices
Cell phones, smart phones, and Bluetooth devices are allowed. Any device on the golf course, to include phones, MP3, or other music audio devices, must be kept at a volume so as not to infringe upon other players. All MP3 and other music audio devices must be muted in common areas – clubhouse, putting green, practice range, and parking lot.
On Course Courtesies – Field of Play
Tobacco Road provides a pure golf experience played on a Mike Strantz Signature design. We ask that all players repair ball marks on the greens, fill divots in the fairways and on tee boxes with provided sand mixture. Please adhere to cart path rules and regulations for your safety and respect for course conditions.
Tobacco Road offers a full size practice range, chipping area, and putting green. During winter months and when course conditions dictate, players will be required to use driving range mats.
Tobacco Road’s Local Rules
- Tobacco Road recommends the use of a yardage guide especially for first time players. We have available for purchase a paper yardage guide or a Free Downloadable Smart Phone App. Our App includes the digital version of our yardage guide which doubles as GPS range finder.
- Tobacco Road has no Out of Bounds.
- Golf cars must enter and exit fairways through Bermudagrass or over cross ties only.
- All sand areas are to be played as waste areas. The club may be grounded, a practice swing taken, and imperfections smoothed. The ball may be played Lift, Clean, and Place. There are no traditional bunkers with rakes on the property.
Golf is a game played against the course, the field, and the elements. Originating along the coast of Scotland, early golfers played in radiant sun that darkened to blowing rain and howling winds as quick as a competitor would stymie another in a close match. Weather, in all its unpredictable forms, is knit into the fabric of the game – plan ahead for any inclement weather conditions as play will continue under most conditions, i.e. cold, fog, rain, heat.